The Churchyard is first mentioned in records dating from 1262, until the Reformation and for sometime thereafter. As well as for burials, it was used as a meeting place for business transactions. When the new cemetery in Mill Street was opened in 1881 the churchyard was officially closed. Burials, however, continued to take place therein until the mid 1950s.
Plaque Colour: Brown
Local area map loading...
Location: Old Parish Church, Main Street, G73 1JP
Unitary Authority: South Lanarkshire Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Rutherglen Central and North
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Rutherglen
Scottish Parliament Region: Glasgow
UK Parliament Constituency: Rutherglen and Hamilton West