Prospect Square. Prospect Square was developed between 1859 and 1880 on land once owned by the Carter Family. Cambridge Crescent (N) of 1867-8 and Prospect Crescent (E) of 1873-80 were built by George Dawson and designed by J.H. Hirst who also designed St. Peter's Church (NE) of 1870-6, of which the tower, designed by A.A. Gibson, was built in 1926. The Prospect Hotel (S) of 1859 was given a tower and enlarged in 1870 to a design by Perkin and Son and a further rebuilding in 1937 permitted the widening of James Street. The war memorial was built in 1922-3 to a design by Prestwich and Sons, the two relief panels being sculpted by Gilbert Ledward.
Plaque Colour: Brown
Local area map loading...
Location: Prospect Square
District Council: Harrogate Borough Council
District Council Ward: Low Harrogate
County Council: North Yorkshire County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Harrogate Central
UK Parliament Constituency: Harrogate and Knaresborough