Coventry Blue Coat School black plaque in Coventry
Sorry, we don't have a photo of this plaque yet.
Blue Coat School. Opened as a charity school in 1714 rebuilt on the same site 1856-7 with Gothic Architecture in the style of french chateau. The two octagonal stone towers embody bases of towers of the ruined monastic church of St Mary dating from 1043. The school closed in 1940.