County Hall. Built 1783-4 architect Samuel Eglinton used for the County Court and Quarter Sessions. It is the only remaining 18th Century public building of architectural distinction in Coventry. At one time it also housed the prison Governor of the adjoining jail which stood in Trinity Lane. The last public execution to take place in Coventry was in the street outside (Cuckoo Lane) in 1849.