Daniel Mendoza bronze plaque in London
Sorry, we don't have a photo of this plaque yet.
This plaque has been erected by the Jewish East End Celebration Society in memory of Daniel Mendoza (1764-1836) the father of scientific boxing, who was buried in a spot nearby
- Erected: 3 September 2008
- Plaque Colour: Bronze
- Subject Commemorated: Daniel Mendoza
Daniel Mendoza (5 July 1764 – 3 September 1836) (often known as Dan Mendoza) was an English prizefighter, who was boxing champion of England (1792–95).
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Tower Hamlets
- Location: Queen Mary, University of London, Mile End
- London Borough: Tower Hamlets Borough Council
- London Borough Ward: St Dunstan's
- London Assembly Constituency: City and East
- UK Parliament Constituency: Bethnal Green and Bow
- Region: London
Tell us what you know about Daniel Mendoza bronze plaque in London