Originally a Congregational Church the current building, along with the adjoining Church rooms on Redwell St, was designed by well-known Norwich architect Edward Boardman. He was also responsible, amongst other projects, for converting Norwich Castle into a Museum.
Edward Boardman (1833-1910) was a Norwich born architect. He succeeded John Brown as the most successful Norwich architect in the second half of the 19th century. His work included both civic andecclesiastical buildings, in addition to private commissions. Together, with his rival, George Skipper, he produced many notable buildings with several standing to this day (2013).