Edward Codrington blue plaque in Purley
Southern England's first public railway. The Croydon, Merstham & Godstone Railway. A horse drawn service carrying stone to Wandsworth ran across this site. Opened July 1805
Admiral Sir Edward Codrington GCB RN (27 April 1770 – 28 April 1851) was a British admiral, hero of the Battle of Trafalgar and the Battle of Navarino.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Croydon
- Location: Purley Library, Banstead Road
- London Borough: Croydon Borough Council
- London Borough Ward: Purley
- London Assembly Constituency: Croydon and Sutton
- UK Parliament Constituency: Croydon South
- Region: London
Tell us what you know about Edward Codrington blue plaque in Purley