Francis Ronalds plaque in London
Sorry, we don't have a photo of this plaque yet.
The first electric telegraph 8 miles long was constructed here in 1816 by Sir Francis Ronalds FRS
Sir Francis Ronalds (1788-1873) was a meteorologist, an inventor and a pioneer of the electric telegraph. He was knighted in 1870 for his contributions to science.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Hammersmith and Fulham
- Location: Coach House, 26 Upper Mall, W6
- London Borough: Hammersmith and Fulham Borough Council
- London Borough Ward: Ravenscourt Park
- London Assembly Constituency: West Central
- UK Parliament Constituency: Hammersmith
- Region: London
Tell us what you know about Francis Ronalds plaque in London