Bay Villa. The first part of Bay Villa was built about 1820 for Robert Wright on a site where dwellings had existed since 1716. Francis Webster, an architect of some distinction, designed the property. In 1841 the house came up for sale described thus:
"Bay Villa: usual rooms: six bedrooms, two servants rooms, water closet, conservatory and two pews, one in Lindale Chapel for five and one in Cartmel Priory for six."
An extension was completed after 1860 "with coach-house, tower and gazebo" by owner Dr Beardsley, a civic notary. Bay Villa was used as a public library until 1968 and as a meeting place for Plymouth Brethren.