Georgiana Fullerton blue plaque in Bournemouth

Lady Georgiana Fullerton (1812-1885) A philanthropist, novelist and biographer, lived from 1877 at "Ayfield" in St. Peter's Road, Bournemouth. She founded St. Joseph's Convalescent Home and worshipped at the Oratory of the Sacred Heart.

Lady Georgiana Fullerton (23.09.1812–19.01.1885) was an English novelist.Georgiana Charlotte Leveson-Gower was the daughter of Granville Leveson-Gower, 1st Earl Granville, and sister of Granville George Leveson-Gower, 2nd Earl Granville, a prominent statesman. In 1833 she married in Paris an attaché of the embassy, Alexander George Fullerton, who came from Ireland.She converted to Roman Catholicism in 1846 and wrote The Life of St. Frances of Rome, and Others. She wrote several novels, some of which were very successful. They include Ellen Middleton (1844), Grantley Manor (1847), Lady Bird (1852), Life of St.Francis of Rome (1855), The countess of Bonneval (1858) Rose Leblanc ( 1861 ), Laurentia, a tale of Japan (1861), Too Strange not to be True (1864), Constance Sherwood (1865), A stormy life (1867), Helpers of the holy soul (1868), Mrs. Geralds niece (1869), Life of Louisa de Carvajal (1873), A will and a way (1881) and Life of Elizabeth Lady Falkland (1883). She also published two volumes of verse. She founded Saint Walburga's School, in Bournemouth, which survives, albeit on a new site, and a Blue Plaque to commemorate her Catholic activities can be found on the Sacred Heart church in Bournemouth.

Source: dbpedia

Local area map loading...
All plaques in Bournemouth

Tell us what you know about Georgiana Fullerton blue plaque in Bournemouth

BluePlaquePlaces.co.uk is a Good Stuff website.