Sorry, we don't have a photo of this plaque yet.
The Glasgow Stock Exchange is a prominent building and financial institution in the centre of the city of Glasgow, Scotland.The exchange was founded in 1844. In 1973, it merged with the London Stock Exchange, becoming the hub of its Scottish operations.The current building was erected between 1875 and 1877. It is situated on the corner of Nelson Mandela Place (prior to 1986 known as St George's Place) and Buchanan Street, was designed by John Burnet in the Venetian Gothic style, believed to have been inspired by the Royal Courts of Justice. In 1906, an extension was added in St George's Place and the entire building was remodelled between 1969 and 1971. The structure is now protected as a category A listed building.