The Golden Lion
Built in the sixteenth century, this building originally stood in Digbeth where it is believe to have been the Clergy House and School of the Guild of Deritend. In 1911 the building was taken down brick by brick and rebuilt in Cannon Hill Park to allow for re-development.
As a result of a structural survey it was revealed that the frame of the building had serious areas of decay and that the building was structurally unsound. It is in a urgent need of major re-furbishment.
At present the Council is exploring the possibility of moving the building back to the Digbeth area as part of the Eastside regeneration.