Grange-over-Sands Clock Tower and Sophia Deardon black plaque in Grange-over-Sands
Clock Tower. At midday on 4th December 1912, Mrs Sophia Deardon, a local benefactor, presented this clock tower to Grange. A previous construction had been removed to make way for an extension to St Paul's Church. Materials used to construct the tower include local limestone and sandstone from St. Bees in Cumberland. Mrs Deardon also donated woodland around Yewbarrow Cragg to Grange as a recreational facility for local people.