Sepulchre Lane lies on the boundary of a medieval chapel close from which this burial ground was bought and enclosed in 1656 by Kendal Quakers for £9.3.0d. It was extended to accommodate Underbarrow's Quakers when their burial ground was ploughed up by a renegade member and was closed to burials in 1855. In 1863 the graves were levelled and part of it was made into a garden. It was altered again in 1989 by Russell Armer Ltd. when they converted the neighbouring school to housing.
Plaque Colour: Green
Local area map loading...
Location: Sepulchre Lane
District Council: South Lakeland District Council
District Council Ward: Kendal Fell
County Council: Cumbria County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Kendal Strickland and Fell
UK Parliament Constituency: Westmorland and Lonsdale