This late C14 lantern tower stood over the central crossing of the C13 Franciscan Priory Church on this sit c.1230-1538. The Greyfriars attracted academics and wealthy patrons. It was retained as a shipmark for the harbour when the priory was dismantled and its stones reused in the town.
Erected: 1 January 2005
Plaque Colour: Green
Local area map loading...
Location: St. James' Street
District Council: King's Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council
District Council Ward: St Margarets with St Nicholas
County Council: Norfolk County Council
County Council Electoral Division: King's Lynn North and Central