This open square and the brick arched wall to the north are the last traces of the gun battery known as Saint Ann's Fort. Built in 1570 it was repaired and re-gunned against various seaborne threats to the town, 1625-1815.
Erected: 1 January 2005
Plaque Colour: Green
Local area map loading...
Location: St Annes Street
District Council: King's Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council
District Council Ward: St Margarets with St Nicholas
County Council: Norfolk County Council
County Council Electoral Division: King's Lynn North and Central