Spon Gate and Town Hall. Marked in the roadway adjacent are the foundations of Spon Gate (originally Bablake Gate) which was constructed soon after 1391 and demolished in 1771. The town wall here was built to enclose St Johns Church, Bablake College and Bonds Hospital and a fragment of the wall survives embedded in the gable of the building (no. 190) adjacent to the churchyard. In 1989 a representation of the wall was erected on the south side of the gate along it's original course. From here the wall headed towards Greyfriars Gate.