This electricity sub-station was part of Cheltenham's first electricity supply (1895).
Its design was based on the Strozzi Palace, Florence.
Here 2000 Volts was transformed down to 100 Volts at the unusual frequency of 94Hz.
Erected: 3 May 1986
Plaque Colour: Green
Local area map loading...
Location: Clarence Street
District Council: Cheltenham Borough Council
District Council Ward: Lansdown
County Council: Gloucestershire County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Lansdown and Park