Site of First Railway Station 1837 The Railway Station was built for a new locomotive passenger service to Stockton, replacing the "Majestic", a horse drawn carriage which operated along the tracks. In 1847 a new station was built and this site became a goods yard.
Plaque Colour: Green
Local area map loading...
Location: former Atlas Garage, North Street/ Commercial Street Corner, St Hilda's