A Franciscan friary, know as
the Greyfriars, stood on this site from
1224 until 1538. A substantial mansion
called "The Friars" followed. In 1846
the London, Brighton and South Coast
Railway built a station here.
ceased in 1857 and it
Plaque Colour: Grey
Local area map loading...
Location: Friars Walk
District Council: Lewes District Council
District Council Ward: Lewes Bridge
County Council: East Sussex County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Ringmer and Lewes Bridge