Otto Langen Engine This engine (No 379) is one of about 1,300 built by Crossley Brothers, Manchester to a Nikolaus August Otto design patented in 1866. It is an example of the first commercially successful internal combustion engine which was introduced at the 1867 Paris Exhibition.
Erected: 10 July 1996
Plaque Colour: Grey
Local area map loading...
Location: University of Nottingham, University Park
Unitary Authority: Nottingham City Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Wollaton East and Lenton Abbey