Hugh Miller blue plaque in Edinburgh
Hugh Miller 1802-1858 geologist, writer & naturalist lived here 1854-1856
- Erected: 13 May 2002
- Plaque Colour: Blue
- Subject Commemorated: Hugh Miller
Hugh Miller (1802–1856) was a self-taught Scottish geologist and writer, folklorist and an evangelical Christian.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Edinburgh
- Location: 78-80 Portobello High Street, EH15 1AN
- Unitary Authority: City of Edinburgh Council
- Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Portobello/Craigmillar
- Scottish Parliament Constituency: Edinburgh Eastern
- Scottish Parliament Region: Lothian
- UK Parliament Constituency: Edinburgh East
- Region: Scotland
Tell us what you know about Hugh Miller blue plaque in Edinburgh