John Henry Gurney grey plaque in Norwich
Between 1700 and 1850 machinery used to raise and store water for the higher parts of the City stood on this site. To commemorate this in 1860 a drinking fountain was erected by John Henry Gurney
John Henry Gurney (4 July 1819 – 20 April 1890) was an English banker, amateur ornithologist, and Liberal Party politician of the Gurney family.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Norwich
- Location: Tombland
- District Council: Norwich City Council
- District Council Ward: Thorpe Hamlet
- County Council: Norfolk County Council
- County Council Electoral Division: Thorpe Hamlet
- UK Parliament Constituency: Norwich South
- Region: Eastern
Tell us what you know about John Henry Gurney grey plaque in Norwich