John Kirk and William Hale White brown plaque in London
Sorry, we don't have a photo of this plaque yet.
Honeywood. In the 1880's John Kirk, a merchant, reconstructed a building called Wandle Cottage on this site and transferred the name 'Honeywood' from the neighbouring house, which he demolished. Novelist and philosopher William Henry Hale White ("Mark Rutherford") lived in Wandle Cottage, 1804-6. A watercourse runs beneath the house.