John Rennie and Keer Aqueduct blue plaque in Capernwray
A single span aqueduct, 43 feet long, carrying the canal 35 feet above the River Keer.
Engineer: John Rennie first used 1797
- Plaque Colour: Blue
- Subjects Commemorated:
John Rennie FRSE FRS (7 June 1761 – 4 October 1821) was a Scottish civil engineer who designed many bridges, canals, and docks.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Over Kellet
- Location: Bridge 132 on Lancaster Canal
- Parish: Over Kellet
- District Council: Lancaster City Council
- District Council Ward: Kellet
- County Council: Lancashire County Council
- County Council Electoral Division: Lancaster Rural East
- UK Parliament Constituency: Morecambe and Lunesdale
- Region: North West
Tell us what you know about John Rennie and Keer Aqueduct blue plaque in Capernwray