John Rennie blue plaque in Garstang
Wyre Aqueduct - John Rennie designed this single span aqueduct, built in 1797. It is 110 feet long and carries the Lancaster to Kendal canal 34 feet above the River Wyre.
John Rennie FRSE FRS (7 June 1761 – 4 October 1821) was a Scottish civil engineer who designed many bridges, canals, and docks.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Barnacre-with-Bonds
- Location: Lancaster Canal
- Parish: Barnacre-with-Bonds
- District Council: Wyre Borough Council
- District Council Ward: Calder
- County Council: Lancashire County Council
- County Council Electoral Division: Garstang
- UK Parliament Constituency: Wyre and Preston North
- Region: North West
Tell us what you know about John Rennie blue plaque in Garstang