Sorry, we don't have a photo of this plaque yet.
John Tallis (7 November 1817 – 3 June 1876) was an English cartographic publisher. His company, John Tallis and Company, published views, maps and atlases in London from roughly 1838 to 1851. Tallis set up as a publisher with Frederick Tallis in Cripplegate in 1842; the business moved to Smithfield in 1846, and was dissolved in 1849. From 1851 to 1854 Tallis operated as John Tallis and Company. He started The illustrated news of the world and national portrait gallery of eminent personages in 1858, selling it for £1,370 in 1861; it folded in 1863.He lived in New Cross, South East London. His house on New Cross Road is Grade II Listed and has a blue plaque on the wall.
John Spedan Lewis (22 September 1885, Marylebone, London – 21 February 1963 Romsey, Hampshire) was an English businessman and the founder of the John Lewis Partnership.The elder of two sons of John Lewis, who had opened the John Lewis department store on Oxford Street, London, Spedan Lewis joined the business at 19 and in 1914 assumed control of his father's second shop, Peter Jones in Sloane Square, London.After assuming control of the Oxford Street store with his father's death in 1928, Spedan Lewis officially formed the John Lewis Partnership, and began the distribution of profits among its employees (known as "partners") in 1929, and completed the move towards employee-ownership in 1950, with the transfer of control to the employees.Spedan Lewis resigned as chairman in 1955, and was known within the company from that point on as "The Founder". In retirement, he lived at Longstock Park, near the village of Longstock in Hampshire until his death. In accordance with his wishes he was buried at sea.