John Stevens Henslow blue plaque in Cambridge
John Stevens Henslow, 1796-1861
Professor, churchman, botanist and geologist; founder of the Cambridge Botanic Gardens
John Stevens Henslow (6 February 1796 – 16 May 1861) was an English clergyman, botanist and geologist. He is best remembered as friend and mentor to his pupil Charles Darwin.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Cambridge
- Location: Botanic Gardens, Bateman Street
- District Council: Cambridge City Council
- District Council Ward: Trumpington
- County Council: Cambridgeshire County Council
- County Council Electoral Division: Trumpington
- UK Parliament Constituency: Cambridge
- Region: Eastern
Tell us what you know about John Stevens Henslow blue plaque in Cambridge