Morley College , George Morley, and John Colson white plaque in Winchester
Morley College was founded by Bishop Morley in 1672 as a charitable institution for widows
of clergy from Winchester and Worcester Dioceses. The plaque ove the central doors was taken
from the original building, which was entirely replaced under the supervision of architect
John Colson in 1879-80. At that time the site was enlarged to include an area formerly occupied by the City cage and pillory. The property is private.
Morley College is an adult education college in London. It was founded in the 1880s and has a student population of 11,000 adult students. It offers courses in a wide variety of fields including art and design, fashion, languages, drama, dance, music, health and humanities. Morley College is located in the Waterloo District of London, on the South Bank, close to the city's arts centre. Its buildings occupy sites on either side of the boundary between the London boroughs of Southwark and Lambeth.Morley College is a registered charity under English law.