Oxford Playhouse blue plaque in Oxford
Oxford Playhouse began here, 1923-1938, in the former Big Game Museum built in 1906
- Erected: 14 October 2010
- Plaque Colour: Blue
- Subject Commemorated: Oxford Playhouse
Oxford Playhouse (often just known as the Playhouse by locals) is an independent theatre designed by Sir Edward Maufe. It is situated in Beaumont Street, Oxford, opposite the Ashmolean Museum.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Oxford
- Location: 12 Woodstock Road
- District Council: Oxford City Council
- District Council Ward: North
- County Council: Oxfordshire County Council
- County Council Electoral Division: University Parks
- UK Parliament Constituency: Oxford West and Abingdon
- Region: South East
Tell us what you know about Oxford Playhouse blue plaque in Oxford