Picklefoot Spring black plaque in Grange-over-Sands
Picklefoot Spring. "Picklefoot" takes its name from walnut pickers who lived in Main Street and is both a natural spring, and site of Grange's most productive well with approximately 60 gallons of water per minute flowing into the duck pond. Records show that this spring has never run dry. In 1945 a serious drought affected Grange when its main reservoir emptied, an event that led to the erection of a pumping station nearby to supply townsfolk with water. Picklefoot lived up to its reputation and continued to flow. There are other wells in Grange, some were used by certain households who had deeds to prove their water rights.