plaque № 30512 in Newport, Gwent
Sorry, we don't have a photo of this plaque yet.
THE WESTGATE HOTEL. Rebuilt 1885, still on the site of the town's medieval western gateway. Here in 1839 troops repulsed the Chartists. Doric columns which flanked the portico are retained.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Stow Hill
- Location: junction of Commercial Street and Stow Hill.
- Civil Community: Stow Hill Community
- Unitary Authority: Newport Council
- Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Stow Hill
- Welsh Assembly Constituency: Newport West
- Welsh Assembly Region: South Wales East
- UK Parliament Constituency: Newport West
- Region: Wales
Tell us what you know about plaque № 30512 in Newport, Gwent