THE OLD TOWN DOCK. Crowded river moorings proved inadequate for Newport's expanding coal and iron trade. The first enclosed dock covering over four acres was built in 1842. Extended in 1858 it was filled in in 1931.
Local area map loading...
Location: the Malt House, Lower Dock Street (?)
Civil Community: Stow Hill Community
Unitary Authority: Newport Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Stow Hill