The Pocket Power Station Powered by the Bristol Siddeley Proteus engine and conceived by A N Irens, this 3MW unit was commissioned in 1959. It pioneered the concept of unmanned power stations and the use of lightweight gas turbines for power generation. This is the only operational set on public display in the world.
Erected: 21 June 2010
Plaque Colour: Red And Black
Local area map loading...
Location: Internal Fire Museum of Power, Castell Pridd