Richard Ansdell black plaque in Lytham St Annes
Richard Ansdell, R.A., eminent Victorian painter 1815-85. In 1861 he built his home, "The Starr Hills", in the surrounding sand dunes, which inspired him. The local area was named after him.
Richard Ansdell RA (11 May 1815 – 20 April 1885) was an English oil painter of animals and genre scenes. He was also an engraver.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Lytham Saint Annes
- Location: Starr Hills, Ansdell Road South
- District Council: Fylde Borough Council
- District Council Ward: Ansdell
- County Council: Lancashire County Council
- County Council Electoral Division: Lytham
- UK Parliament Constituency: Fylde
- Region: North West
Tell us what you know about Richard Ansdell black plaque in Lytham St Annes