The Old Grammar School.
The timber portion of this building was put up in 1614 by Robert Smyth. It was set upon posts "to keepe the markett people drye in tyme of foule wether". The brick portion was added in 1868, and in 1978 the whole building was restored by public subscription. The school is now situated in Burnmill Road, and is called The Robert Smyth School.
Plaque Colour: Slate
Local area map loading...
Location: High Street
District Council: Harborough District Council
District Council Ward: Market Harborough-Logan
County Council: Leicestershire County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Market Harborough West and Foxton