Known in 1756 as the Red Lion and
Cross Keys, this inn was famous for a
regular daily stage coach service.
It is a fine example of an 18th century
coaching inn with the high arch and
spacious courtyard. The southern
medieval wing was built between
1280-1320 as a hostel for draughtsmen
constructing the Cathedral.
Plaque Colour: Stone
Local area map loading...
Location: Red Lion Inn, Milford Street
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Salisbury St Edmund and Milford