In the year 1331 King Edward III granted to
the Bishop and the Dean and Chapter
the stone of the walls of the Norman
Cathedral at Old Sarum for the building
of the Tower of the Cathedral and the
wall with battlements about the Close.
Plaque Colour: Stone
Local area map loading...
Location: the Close wall next to St Ann's gate
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Salisbury St Martin's and Cathedral