1618-1918 The Ancient Chapel of Toxteth For three hundred years this has been a meeting place of those who have sought in the free worship of God strength and patience for the service of man. Here Richard Mather, called by the people of Toxteth to "instruct them in the things of God," began his ministry Nov. 30th 1618 In commemoration of the ter-centenary, and as a grateful tribute to the memory of those who were pioneers of liberty in religious thought and fellowship, this tablet was erected by the congregation in 1918.
Erected: 1 January 1918
Plaque Colour: Stone
Local area map loading...
Location: The Ancient Chapel of Toxteth, Park Road,