The Cromwell statue which now stands on the South side of the Academy was originally erected on this frontage. It was given to the town in 1899 to mark the tercentenary of Cromwell's birth. The donor was Frederick Monks a Warrington leading industrialist and pioneer of worker co-operation.
Plaque Colour: Stone
Local area map loading...
Location: The Academy, 138 Bridge Street
Unitary Authority: Warrington Borough Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Bewsey and Whitecross