French Protestant Church

Map loading...

The French Protestant Church of London (Église Protestante Française de Londres) is a Huguenot Protestant church in Soho Square, London. It is a registered charity under English law.It was founded by King Edward VI by a Royal Charter of 1550 and now occupies a building by Aston Webb erected in 1891–93 in Soho Square.It is the only remaining Huguenot church in London; 23 were in existence in 1700, at the height of the French refugee population following the 1685 Revocation of the Edict of Nantes.A related charity, The French Huguenot Church of London Charitable Trust, established in 1926, provides funds for the church and other charitable objects.

Source: dbpedia

BluePlaquePlaces.co.uk is a Good Stuff website.