Queen's Theatre (1867-1878)

Map loading...

The Queen's Theatre was established in 1867, as a theatre on the site of St Martin's Hall, a large concert room that opened in 1850. It stood on the corner of Long Acre and Endell Street, with entrances in Wilson Street and Long Acre (formerly Charles Street). The theatre, one of the largest in London, closed in 1878, despite a comfortable house and a company consisting of many famous actors. The site is within the modern Camden part of Covent Garden

Source: dbpedia

BluePlaquePlaces.co.uk is a Good Stuff website.