St. Benet Gracechurch (closed in 1876)

Map loading...

St. Benet Gracechurch (or Grass Church), so called because a haymarket existed nearby (Cobb), was a parish church in the City of London first recorded in 1181 (Hibbert). Destroyed in the Great Fire of London of 1666, it was one of the 51 churches rebuilt by the office of Sir Christopher Wren. The church was demolished in 1868.The church was in Bridge Ward, on the corner of Fenchurch Street and Gracechurch Street.

Source: dbpedia

BluePlaquePlaces.co.uk is a Good Stuff website.