St Paul’s Square, is a Georgian square in the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham, England, named after the church in its centre. It is the last remaining Georgian Square in the city.Built 1777–79 on the Newhall estate of the Colmore family, it was an elegant and desirable location in the mid 19th century. At the end of the 19th century the square was swallowed by workshops and factories, with the fronts of some buildings being pulled down to make shop fronts or factory entrances. Much restoration was done in the 1970s and many of the buildings are Grade II listed As well as bars, cafes and restaurants, which line the Square's four sides, a number of apartment schemes have been built in the area. The most recent is Chord Development's mixed-use scheme, which comprises 148 apartments, which includes the restoration of the facade of the Thomas Walker building - the former buckle maker, which fronts onto the square. Chord has created two courtyards and added three new wings to the former-factory, on Northwood Street, Caroline Street and James Street. At the heart of the development is a communal courtyard, designed by award-winning landscape architect Alan Gardner.St Paul's Club, is also situated in St Paul's Square. Formed in 1859, it is the Midland's oldest private members club. The Royal Birmingham Society of Artists has its offices and gallery in premises just off the square.St Paul's Square is served by St Paul's tram stop.