St. Rollox Railway Works (born in 1854)

Map loading...

St. Rollox Locomotive Works and St Rollox Carriage and Wagon Works were railway rolling stock works established in the 1850s in Glasgow for the Caledonian Railway.Ownership of the works passed to the LMS and then to British Rail; activities were reduced in the 1980s under BREL management. After the privatisation of British Rail the works was acquired by Alstom, and in 2007 by Railcare. As of 2007 the site now operates as a rail maintenance depot.

Source: dbpedia

BluePlaquePlaces.co.uk is a Good Stuff website.