The Birmingham and Midland Eye Hospital (1823-1996)

Map loading...

Edmund Street is a street located in Birmingham, England.Edmund Street is one of a series of roads on the old Colmore Estate which originally stretched from Temple Row in the city centre, around St Phillip's Cathedral, to the northern end of Newhall Street. Originally the estate surrounded New Hall which was occupied by the Colmore family. Edmund was one of the sons. Other roads on the estate are named after some of the other siblings. It was formerly known as Little Charles Street and Harlow Street.Edmund Street extends from Chamberlain Square at its western end to Livery Street and Snow Hill station at its eastern end. It originally continued westwards to Suffolk Street, where it became Broad Street, but in the 1960s this part was redeveloped as Paradise Circus, part of the Inner Ring Road.Much of Edmund Street is in the Colmore Row and Environs Conservation Area and has many listed buildings.There is a short length of surviving Birmingham Corporation Tramways track between the two Council House/museum blocks.

Source: dbpedia

BluePlaquePlaces.co.uk is a Good Stuff website.