William Brown Street

Sorry, we don't have a photo of William Brown Street.

Map loading...

William Brown Street in Liverpool, England, is a road that is remarkable for its concentration of public buildings. It is sometimes referred to as the "Cultural Quarter"Originally known as Shaw's Brow, a coaching road east from the city, it is named after William Brown, a local MP and philanthropist, who in 1860 donated land in the area for the building of a library and museum. This area gives its name as the William Brown Street conservation area.The conservation area contains:Lime Street StationSt George's HallWilliam Brown Library and Museum — housing part of World Museum Liverpool and part of Liverpool Central LibraryGreat North Western HotelWalker Art GalleryPicton Reading Room and Hornby Library — part of Liverpool Central LibraryCounty Sessions HouseCollege of Technology and Museum Extension — part of World Museum LiverpoolThe Wellington MemorialThe Steble FountainSt John's GardensLiverpool Empire TheatreEntrance to Queensway Tunnel

Source: dbpedia

BluePlaquePlaces.co.uk is a Good Stuff website.