Taylors & Lloyds blue plaque in Birmingham

Site of the Banking business of Taylors & Lloyds predecessors of Lloyds Bank Limited commenced 3rd June 1765

Lloyds Bank plc is a British retail bank with branches across England and Wales. It has traditionally been considered one of the "Big Four" clearing banks. Originally founded in Birmingham in 1765, the bank expanded during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries and took over a number of smaller banking companies. In 1995 it merged with the Trustee Savings Bank and traded as Lloyds TSB Bank plc between 1999 and 2013.The bank is the principal subsidiary of Lloyds Banking Group, which was formed in January 2009 by the acquisition of HBOS by the then-Lloyds TSB Group. That year, following the UK bank rescue package, the British Government took a 43.4% stake in Lloyds Banking Group. As a condition imposed by the European Commission regarding state aid, the group later announced that it would create a new standalone retail banking business, made up of a number of Lloyds TSB branches and those of Cheltenham & Gloucester. The new business began operations on 9 September 2013 under the TSB brand. Lloyds TSB was subsequently renamed Lloyds Bank on 23 September 2013.Lloyds Bank has an extensive network of branches and ATM in England and Wales and offers 24-hour telephone and online banking services. As of 2012 it has 16 million personal customers and small business accounts.

Source: dbpedia

Local area map loading...
All plaques in Birmingham

Tell us what you know about Taylors & Lloyds blue plaque in Birmingham

BluePlaquePlaces.co.uk is a Good Stuff website.