The Bell Hotel
Parts of this building date from as early as the 15th Century. It has been known
as the Bell Hotel (or the Blue Bell) since at least 1696. In the 1750s the Bell
was the headquarters of the Hell Fire Club and throughout the 18th and 19th Centuries
revolutionary groups used to meet here.
From 1943 until the end of World War II the Bell was home to the
American Womens Army Air Corps.