This public house was built in 1929 and opened on 1st December. It was designed by
Francis Goldsbrough and is one of the largest and finest examples in the country
of a 'Brewer's Tudor' style public house. The Black Horse replaced a
much smaller pub of the same name that stood on the site.
These premises were refurbished by J.D. Wetherspoon in May 2010.